Ad

Friday, 15 May 2020

A New Project (well one I intended to start a few years ago)

So waaaay back in 2017, about a year after I got my Foundation licence the radio club that I was a member of was having a clear out. Telford HAMfest was approaching and is was a good time to get rid of old components/radios/test equipment that was surplus to requirement. The good thing about this was having first dibs, and having spotted an old radio I thought it would make a good project!


The Uniden model 2030 2 Meter FM transceiver, from the 1970s!









It uses radio xtals, two per frequency. One is for transmitting and the other for receiving. It looks like the previous owner had inserted a "Tone Board" so it could be used on repeaters. Unfortunately modern repeaters use ctcss tones, so the board had to be taken out. 






After taking the board out I had too find what wires were cut out before the board was put in! I looked on radiomuseum.org and found the schematics. So it looks like I am going to be doing a bit of wire tracing! 



I'm going to get some of this on video, and will hopefully upload the entire project in one video, but it might take a while! Also Ive got a lot of learning to do so it will keep me occupied for a while!




No comments:

Post a Comment